Sunday, April 30, 2017

Easter Weekend

No kids home this year but I was busy!  Saturday our church helped the Lions Club put on their annual giant egg hunt by providing additional volunteers.  They added bouncy houses, a pancake feed, and a bunch of other activities.  Adelle and I volunteered.  She got inside the bouncy house and wiped down all the surfaces after it rained.  Then she ran and got me pancakes about halfway through for energy!  For three solid hours, I helped kids get into and out of a bouncy house.  And tried to figure out Joe long they'd been in there and how to convince them their times was up!  There was a huge line the entire day.  Most kids were very polite and it was fun, even though it was also exhausting!

Then in the afternoon, we had rehearsal for the TRU choir!  I got my dream of singing on the worship team!  Sort of.  We had 7 people on the bleachers on the stage to back up the guest worship leader.  We had a very full worship band with two guitars, a bass and mom on keyboards.  Scott said he could hear the choir at all!  It was harder than I thought, too.  But fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment