Monday, March 13, 2017

Emmet

I am in love with baby Emmet.  It's so fun to see him change and grow!
Leah and David came Friday night after Emmett's regular bedtime.  He was grumpy and clingy to Leah and didn't want to say hi.  He laid down and slept all night--over 12 hours!   Saturday morning Leah and I grabbed some rare one on one time to drink coffee and chat.  When Emmet got up he was all smiles.  I love how he gets excited when he sees me.   Leah fed him and got him dressed while I got ready then we went to Target.  

Talking pics of Emmet really makes me admire Leah because it's harder than it looks!  He is always moving!  I had fun while pushing the cart and watching Emmet look around the store.  He likes to make sounds.  Once when he was being noisy, I leaned in and whispered to him.  He whispered back! Then I tried to get him to do it again and he got frustrated and balled up his fist and yelled loudly!   I don't think that Emmet's personality is strong willed but he is definitely his own little person!

Leah and I went to Target where Emmet enthusiastically chewed down half a blueberry muffin.  He picks up little pieces and crams them in his mouth then insists on water.  He doesn't use words but communicated his needs well.  

We then stopped by Vintage Round Up to drop by some of Leah's products for sale.  While there, Emmet waved at himself in the mirror then waved goodbye to the store owner!

Back at home, Emmet was pooped so Leah let me take him back to my bed to lay down with him.  He had a blast crawling and wiggling around and even managed to stand up a few times holding onto the blankets tightly.  He petted Rex a bunch.  But there was no sleeping to be had.  So he took one by himself in his crib.

Next stop was Hibachi hut for lunch with all four of us and Emmet.  Emmet ate cornbread and chicken nuggets and entertained us all from his high chair.  One of his favorite things to do is shake his head no.  And throw food on the floor.  At one point, he held up a piece of food in his tiny little fist and Leah said, "Emmet, do not throw that on the floor."  Emmet looked right back at her, shook his little head no and threw it anyway, only it hit him right in the head!

We returned home and let Emmet play some more between the couch and the ottoman, up down, sit, stand, throw toy, pick up toy, all the while making sounds and babbling.  

What precious good times and memories.  What will you be doing new next time we see you in a few weeks, baby Emmet?  

No comments:

Post a Comment