I was much less nervous once I got out there. It was a little nerve wracking when the wind kicked up causing tiny waves. We paddled over to an island and then around it where it was calmer. We even stopped and got out for awhile on a shore and Hannah got all the way in the water! We piled back in and hugged the shore and went around rather than across because Hilary is smart. I felt badly that I was pretty worn out by then so we stopped. Hilary said not to use your arms or shoulders much and I did til I got the hang of twisting and using my torso. So I got an excellent full body work out! I did fall out gracefully while trying to get out of the kayak but I fell into the boat not the water. I really did enjoy the adventure and would very willingly go again. Maybe next time we'll go out on the big lake and not stay in the Riverpond area.
After we got home and rested and snacked, Scott and Hannah talked me into hiking the Konza! I'm usually all for it but I was pooped! They wanted to go 9miles but I talked them back to 6. I'm not going to lie, even though it is beautiful out there and the weather was magical yesterday, it was pretty exhausting!
Fortunately, when we got back to town, we got pizza at a new place, Pie Five, and ate it on the back deck. I also drank a well earned Hard Cider. That's the life, for sure. What a great day!









No comments:
Post a Comment