Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Kid Heaven





It's been so amazing to have Hannah here this summer.  I can't remember the last time she was here for such a long visit.  I love how when our kids come home it's like they never left.  Hannah has been helping me deep clean the house.  We drink coffee together and go the the store and lots of walks and hikes.  She spends lots of time studying for her gre and cooking vegan dishes.  Did I mention I love having her around?

This weekend, I was in kid heaven.  We had all three kids home for five days and the icing on the cake was that Emmet stayed here, too!

Thursday Scott and Hannah and I picked up Joel at the airport and we went out to eat in Wichita with Leah and David and Emmet. Then we hung out at Leah's.  We all stood around and made eye contact with Emmet for about half an hour. His little grin is precious.  It was also cool watching Joel meet Emmet.  


On Friday, Scott, Hannah, Joel and I stuffed ourselves at Chipotle then hiked 6 miles on the konza.  Hannah and I enjoyed the flowers immensely.  The boys talked about baseball.  



On Saturday, I got up and started preparations for the baby shower.  Leah and David and Emmet arrived around noon and people started coming shortly after.  Season, Alexis, Peggy, Julie, Mom, Dave, Jon, and  Broghan all came to meet baby Emmet.  Larry and Joanna too!  It was a fun day filled with food and family. Mom and Julie met Emmet for the first time.  

Sunday Mom and I and Scott picked up Adelle and went to church (where a Homestead girl graduated!)
then the whole family went to Lake Wabaunsee.  
It was so great to see everyone!  I haven't seen Emily for about four years so it was great to talk with her and meet her boyfriend's family.  Always good to spend time with the Kuenzi's which happens way too seldomly.  

Monday was spend just hanging around with the main Clark's and baby Emmet!  He is soooo adorable.  I loved cuddling him and interacting with him and watching Joel and Hannah do the same.  By the end of their time they gained some great experience.  Leah is such a great mom.  It's harder work than I remember and she handles it like a pro.

Tuesday morning Leah woke me up and we went for a walk together.  Then we started packing and preparations for the drive to deliver Leah and Emmet to Newton and Joel to the airport.  We spent about half an hour at Leah's but had lots of fun.


Joel danced with Emmet and comforted him.

Joel's visit was way too short this time.  It is always hard to drop him off at the airport.


I do not want to think about Hannah leaving.  But before she does, the excitement continues with a visit from Kent starting Friday!  

No comments:

Post a Comment