Our culture has made Christmas about hurrying to buy a bunch of presents and decorate and wrap gifts and bake and eat and stress out. I used to do it all. I've always felt something was missing.
When you look back over the special Christmasses you've had, it really isn't about any of those things. For me, it's been about worship. And fun, relaxing times with the family.
So this year, I'm trying to do only those things I feel led to do. I want to let people know how special they are to me. I want to slow down and see what God wants me to see. I want to spend time with people. I want to spend time thinking about Christmas, the birth of our savior. God came here to be with us, to let us know we are special and that He loves us so much. He came to make a way for us to be with Him forever. I want to rediscover the true meaning of Christmas.

No comments:
Post a Comment