After breakfast, we returned to the apartment and napped. Morning naps rock. Then we walked. We went all the way up Hollywood blvd to the tourist part where the stars are on the sidewalk. As a true Los Angeles citizen now, Joel hates that part. There were people of all languages gawking and taking photos and tour busses trying to get you to ride along. Not sure exactly what they were looking at.
I saw some sparkly chucks in a shoe store window and went in and almost bought my dream shoes, pink sparkly, but they were about 70 bucks and maybe just a little much (style). So I settled on some hot pink unique ones that were on sale. Scott wanted a picture so I texted him one and his response was, "good lord" which continues to make me giggle every time I see the shoes.
We then started the "where should we eat" conversation which takes about an hour because Joel doesn't eat anything I eat and I don't eat anything he eats basically. Except meat. So we chose a chicken place that had rotisserie chicken and sides. Joel's side was veggies and mine was Mac and cheese. We were both quite happy. Then we went to Joel's favorite bookstore and bought used paperbacks then returned to Joel's apartment to rearrange his books. I love Joel.
Next, we went the other direction to a very nice area (not that Joel's area isn't nice) and went to a tiny quaint movie theater and watched "The Big Sick". We both thought it was fabulous. I love movies and books where the characters are well developed and give bonus points if they are likeable. I truly liked every character in this movie. After, we stopped next door at another bookstore.
We returned to the apartment for round two of "where shall we eat" which frustrated Joel enough that he decided to break his diet and we headed to his old neighborhood, echo park to eat at Masa which is a chicago pizza place. While waiting for a table, we went to Echo Park lake and listened to some music for a bit then popped by a bookstore cafe that I realized I've been to before with Joel.
Dinner was fab, it was late and loud and it was the biggest pizza I ever saw. The leftover box weighed like ten pounds. Joel got a stomachache so looks like I'll be tackling the leftovers alone.
We returned exhausted and full to the aprtment and watched episode two of Glow then went to sleep. Day two awesome.





No comments:
Post a Comment