Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Christmas 2015

Christmas snuck up on me again and I put little effort into it yet it was amazing,as always.  I did even less this year in terms of gifts and decorations and preparations. School is so stressful the weeks leading up.  And there are so many parties, this year, 4 in one weekend.  But they were fun.  We had a girl's get together at a coworker's house, then Lake Christmas, then a work dinner, then a TRU party, all in one weekend.  I consumed much food and alcohol and had many laughs.  
Lake Christmas is always special and fun.

Julie came to see us a couple times over break which I always enjoy.
And we had a relaxing time with Dave and Leah and a few extra days with Leah home.  It's fun watching her tummy grow.  
Love having Joel home for such a long visit.  I told him last night it's like having him live here again.  
We missed the hell out of Hannah.  

I had my coworkers, the social workers, over for a little gathering.  This is Molly, my honorary grand baby. 

Christmas Eve morning Scott and I hiked the Konza just the two of us, 6 miles!  
Then Christmas morning, Joel, Scott and I hiked it again, 4.7 miles.


Julie came over along with my Mom and Dave.  And my friend, Christana.  I made a yummy dinner of spiral ham, cheesy potatoes, spinach salad, rolls, and cherry crunch dessert.  Christana said, "you nailed it!" And I have to agree:).  It was a nice time.
We played a lot of cards.  The next evening, Jon came over and we played spades and watched a movie.  Fun.
Scott got me a garmin vivosmart that tracks my activity, heart rate, and sleep.  It's a fun toy.

I need to read this again when I stress out over Christmas next year.  I never enjoy the trivial things that are Christmas. Not just the materialism that bothers a lot of people or the busyness.  I'm talking about the actual Christmas stuff like carols.  I feel like my relationship with Christ is so much deeper than all that.  I guess that makes me a Christmas snob.  It goes back to the whole religion thing that I struggle with more and more.  To me, Christmas is exactly what this one was for me, a time of relaxation and family and close friends and joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment