Tuesday, May 19, 2015

End of The Year


The end of school is an emotional time.  At middle school, I say goodbye to half of my kids.  I am pretty attached to some of them his year, well, ok, every year.  Everyone is a walking raw nerve, teachers and students alike.  The kids are not acting their best and are on the teachers' nerves.  I am busy trying to,wrap things up but am still dealing with crises.  I have tons of feelings swirling around in myself, sadness, relief, joy, worry, stress, anger and frustration.  I find myself wanting to just eat and sleep to get though it.  So I choose instead to be thankful.  I am so thankful for my coworkers, especially Angela.  Angela is the School Counselor who works right next door to me.  She's amazing.  She has tons of skills so I can pop in and consult with her whenever.  She is also so positive!  She has a great attitude and bounds of energy.  And she's a blast!  She has a saying that she uses when she agrees with me or when we are thinking alike, "Bingo Bango".  Recently I bought us matching shirts.  We wore them today.

So the end of the school year?  I can do this.  But I'll need some weekly fixes of my co workers, especially Angela this summer.

1 comment:

  1. BINGO BANGO!!!!!! Thanks for the love in your blog! :) You are the best!!!

    ReplyDelete