Sunday, April 12, 2015

Return to Newton!


It's been 9 months since I went to see Lele in Newton!  She's come to Manhattan, of course.  So Saturday morning I got up and drove there. I love Newton.  I love Leah's little house and her little town and her schools and her life.

We walked over to Mojos on campus for lunch shortly after I arrived.  I said Mojos is like having a coffee shop in her back yard since it's such a short walk!  

We ate and chatted then went back to the house where David reminded Leah that their five year old nephew Colin had a soccer game so we went.   They were so cute!  They even knew what they were doing for being five!  

Then we went by Prairie Harvest, the super cool health food store that Leah and David own with the family.  I bought local honey, fresh ground peanut butter, flax seed, and some salt for the neti pot.  

We dropped off David then Leah took me to see her classrooms in Hesston, just a few minutes away.  She's made such progress cleaning them up and making them hers!  I loved seeing her students' artwork in the halls and also the cute rules and procedures in her rooms.  I just know the kids love her and she's an amazing teacher.  

We went back to the house where I took a little nap then we harnessed professor,and went back to Mojos for iced coffee to go, then walked the trail near Leah's house.  These are the trails I walked the morning of the wedding.  So pretty.  


We returned to the house and went to dillons for gas and stuff for dinner then David grilled up some local brats for us.  He served them on toasted French bread with chips.  Yummmm.  


It was hard to say goodbye, it always is.  Can't let so much time go by!  

No comments:

Post a Comment