Sunday, February 17, 2013
Me Lately
So much going on! Life is a wonderful whirlwind. The last two weekends were family--my brother and his family came up two weekends, brought my mom one overnight. There was eating and music and laughter and small nephews running around and lots of diaper changing and a birthday party. I enjoyed it very much. Work has been good but we've had a couple of stressful events, pretty par for the course. I am still enjoying teaching my BSW intern and having her around. I also started clinical supervision with another gal and went to a workshop on the new DSM which will revolutionize the way we diagnose and treat people. Exciting stuff. On Friday, the teachers did a dance for the kids to motivate them for State testing. When a good youtube shows up, I will post it on facebook. This weekend was a training for Homestead which I gave part of. I was worried for a long while about what I'd say then God showed me and I felt peaceful. Then the gal who presented before me segwayed into every part of my talk so that was onfirmation. It went really well and I not only enjoyed the rest of the conference and what I learned but I got excited and affirmed that we are on the right track and these girls are going to experience amazing transformation! I meet with them in small group on Thursday afternoons. This morning Adelle went with me to church for the first time and it went really well. She got into the worship and listened quietly to the sermon and even asked questions! Last night I met my new International Buddy--a visiting teacher from Ecuador who is here to get her Master's degree. We came over to the house and looked at pictures of our families on facebook and got to know each other. I will spend an hour or so a week with her. She needs help getting to the grocery store so that will be an easy way to spend time with her and help her, too! My devotions this morning were about taking care of yourself and persevering. I am feeling full to the brim with opportunities to give and serve which makes me really happy but I will start saying no now so I can keep a balance. It is sort of ironic that while I'm at the peak of using all my gifts to serve in ways I love, Scotty is in a valley of knowing what to do and how to use his stockpile of gifts. Pray for him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment